- Zava is the brand name for an online doctor service and online pharmacy Zavamed.com run by the London-based Health Bridge Ltd.
- Zava is an online medical service provider and offers consultations, diagnostics and medication without the need for a face-to-face visit.
- Zava was established in London, United Kingdom, in 2010 by former Dr Thom employees David Meinertz and Amit Khutti.
Zava is an online doctor service in which real GPs prescribe real medicines in real time. Zava offers trustworthy, affordable and regulated medical consultations without the need for a face-to-face visit.
Zava is a discreet and convenient way to get medical treatment, wherever and whenever you need it. No unnecessary questions. And you don’t have to see a doctor in person. Their team are dedicated to helping you stay on top of your health.
Simply complete a medical questionnaire, place your order and their doctors will check the treatment you’ve requested is suitable for you, or recommend an alternative. Once they’re happy, your order will be sent out safely and securely to your chosen address.
Their service doesn’t end when you receive your order. If you have any questions at all about your treatment or condition, you can contact one of their doctors free of charge.
In the EU, Zava offers diagnosis by a doctor using telemedicine and is offering Rx prescriptions, which can be delivered using partner online pharmacies. In the UK, Zava has its own in-house registered pharmacy. Zava relies on patients filling in a detailed online medical questionnaire which is reviewed by a person from its in-house clinical team. The doctors provide medical consultation and can prescribe medicine. Zava has provided 5 million paid consultations since its launch.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Zava Series A Funding
In June 2019, Zava announced a $32 million Series A round, led by growth equity firm HPE Growth. In 2010, Zava had only previously raised an angel round of $1.4M back in 2012 from an entrepreneur in Hamburg — but was profitable until the end of 2018.
The growth opportunity its investors are spotting is both to expand to more markets, initially across Europe, but also to supplement over-stretched state healthcare services — with Zava gearing up to make a sales pitch to state healthcare services in the UK, France and Germany.