- Unmind is a B2B mental health platform – providing clinically-backed tools and training to create healthier, happier, more human organisations.
- Unmind was founded in 2016 by Dr Nick Taylor, Ry Morgan, a serial startup founder with lived mental ill-health experience, Nick Tong, an entrepreneurial technologist, and Steve Peralta, a leading corporate wellbeing practitioner.
- Unmind is building global momentum as it onboards new high-value customers, opens offices in London, New York, and Sydney, and aims to up its headcount to 200 in the next year.
Founded in 2016, Unmind is the leading workplace mental health platform, empowering more than 2.5 million employees around the world to live more fulfilling and balanced lives. Underpinned by clinical psychology and powered by technology, the platform helps employees proactively measure, understand, and nurture their own mental health across seven core areas of wellbeing – fulfilment, coping, calmness, happiness, connection, health, and sleep.
With Unmind, leaders are empowered to drive positive cultural change across their organisation by accessing aggregated and anonymised insights into the wellbeing of their people. Uber, Virgin Media, Sainsbury’s, Gymshark, and the NHS are some of the many organisations that have partnered with Unmind to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Unmind Series B Funding
Recently, Unmind announced a Series B funding round of $47m, making it Europe’s best-funded mental health start-up. This round of funding follows a year where demand for Unmind’s proactive and preventative approach to mental health increased substantially in the wake of COVID-19, with the company growing revenues more than 3x in the last 12 months.
The company’s growth has reflected an increasing demand for science-backed, preventative workplace mental health solutions that support the whole person and the whole organisation. Traditional, reactive measures – while valuable to some – are no longer fit for purpose. Organisations are increasing investment in proactive, digital mental health solutions that reduce stigma, democratise access, and holistically support entire workforces.
The latest round of funding gives Unmind the opportunity to scale its team while further developing the product with clinically-backed insights and research. In turn, this will help Unmind to meet growing global demand from employers looking to drive positive cultural change around mental health in the workplace.