- ReViral is a biotechnology company that develops and offers antiviral therapies for patients.
- ReViral was founded in 2011 in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, by Ken Powell, Neil Mathews, Stuart Cockerill.
- ReViral is a developer of antiviral drugs designed to help patients and enlarge the antiviral market by developing novel first-in-class compounds.
The company’s antiviral drugs is a fusion inhibitor of RSV which is a highly potent, novel small molecule and is being developed to treat RSV in patients with severe disease including neonates, enabling patients to be treated who are infected with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) by developing novel compounds.
The first target is Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) treatment which represents a major unmet medical need in children, the elderly and the immune-compromised. The very large number of patients provide a significant commercial opportunity.
As its first program, ReViral is developing a novel, highly potent, small molecule inhibitor of RSV fusion RV521 which has completed its Phase 1 clinical studies and has shown significant activity in phase 2 clinical studies in adult volunteers. RV521 is now moving towards phase 2 studies in infant and adult patients.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
ReViral Raises $44M in Series C Financing
In August 2020, ReViral Ltd closed a US $44m Series C financing. The round was led by CR-CP Life Science Fund with participation from Andera Partners, Brace Pharma Capital, Green Sands Equity, New Leaf Venture Partners, Novo Holdings, OrbiMed Advisors, and Perceptive Advisors. In conjunction with the funding, Jason Zhou M.D., CEO and Managing Director of CR-CP Life Science Fund, joined the ReViral Board of Directors.
The company intends to use the funds to conduct Phase 2 clinical development for sisunatovir, its wholly-owned fusion protein inhibitor, and to progress its N-protein replication inhibitor program into Phase 1.
Led by Alex Sapir, CEO, ReViral is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercialising antiviral therapeutics, with an initial focus on the treatment of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The company’s lead product candidate, sisunatovir, is an orally administered fusion inhibitor currently being evaluated in two global Phase 2 clinical studies: one in a paediatric patient population and the other in an adult stem-cell transplant patient population.