- Current Health aim to help healthcare reduce risk & cost by monitoring, managing and engaging patients at home.
- Current Health was founded in 2015 by CEO Christopher McCann and CTO Stewart Whiting.
- Current Health’s mission is to ensure every human has the ability to lead a healthier and longer life by predicting disease onset and delivering treatment earlier.
About Current Health
Current Health is the leading enterprise remote care management platform, focused on enabling early, preventive healthcare in order to improve patient health outcomes and reduce the cost of care. The company provides a single point of insight into patient health at home, ingesting data from hundreds of remote monitoring devices – along with patient-reported data and electronic medical record data – to identify and predict the onset and progression of disease.
Current Health’s physician-led virtual command centre provides 24/7 care management capability and seamlessly integrates with a range of in-home healthcare services to provide a single, integrated solution across the care continuum. Current Health empowers health systems and pharmaceutical companies to tailor healthcare at home to all patient populations.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Current Health Series B Funding
In April 2021, Current Health – the leading enterprise remote care management platform – announced it has raised $43M in Series B financing. The round was led by Northpond Ventures, with additional financing from LRVHealth, OSF HealthCare, Section 32, Elements Health Ventures, and existing investors. Andrea Jackson, Director at Northpond Ventures, and Tripp Peake, General Partner at LRVHealth, will join Current Health’s Board of Directors.
The Series B financing, which comes from top healthcare and pharma VCs, as well as a leading hospital system, speaks to the value of Current Health’s platform across a broad array of stakeholders. The funding comes on the heels of 3,000%+ growth in year-over-year revenue, making Current Health one of the fastest growing healthcare companies.