Waze, the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app, is partnering with Headspace, a global leader in mindfulness and meditation, to help drivers discover the joy in their journeys, be more present behind the wheel, and arrive at destinations feeling good.
The partnership combines Waze’s mission of ending traffic altogether, and Headspace’s mission of improving the health and happiness of the world. Drivers activating the Headspace experience on Waze will learn how to create more joyful and meaningful drives with custom navigation prompts from Headspace’s mindfulness teacher and Director of Meditation, Eve Lewis Prieto.
The Headspace experience on Waze includes a selection of five new Moods—Aware, Bright, Hopeful, Joyful, and Open—to put drivers in a positive mindset as they take to the roads. To help drivers appreciate their journey, they’ll be able to stream a custom Spotify playlist from Headspace, and can even swap out their in-app car icon for a hot air balloon to take them to Cloud Nine.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
“Often when we drive, our mind is anywhere but the road,” said Erin Bellsey, Head of Brand Programs at Waze. “And when we’re not distracted from the roads, traffic is affecting our mood, stress levels, and physical and mental wellbeing. But what if we turn our awareness to the journey, and take the opportunity to appreciate being in the moment? We are so excited to partner with Headspace, to remind drivers to stay present and aware when they’re in the car, and transform the drive into a more meaningful experience on its own. By activating, drivers can arrive at their destination feeling ready to take on the grocery store, or the gym, or work, or wherever Waze has brought them!”
“Many people have a lot to look forward to as they adjust to new school and work routines, and we know that sometimes the commute itself, especially traffic, can dampen our positive vibe and even take a toll on our mental health,” said Morgan Selzer, VP of Content at Headspace. “As we strive to improve the health and happiness of the world, we’re thrilled to partner with Waze to meet consumers where they spend a lot of time and offer fun mindfulness techniques that can help them discover more joy in their journey. ”