Instagram has launched a new “Live Room” feature that allows up to four people to go live simultaneously.
Instagram’s new feature rivals apps like the invite-only app Clubhouse.
The concept has been so well received that even Twitter is testing a live room feature called Spaces, that allows multiple participants can go live with only audio.
The new feature is expected to help brands create better content and collaborations. Instagram says the new “Live Room” feature will open up new revenue streams for businesses and individual users. For instance, one could host a fundraiser or a live shopping event on Instagram. Furthermore, the feature seems to make a lot of sense during the pandemic.
Live Rooms also gives creators even more ways to build a business and earn money.
How to use the Instagram Live Room feature?
Hosting an Instagram Live Room feature is pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to start your first Instagram Live Room session and before that, make sure you have installed the latest version of the app.
- Swipe left and tap on the Live camera button.
- Add a title and Tap on the Rooms icon.
- Add your guests (The people whom you want to go live with)
- You will also get notified when others want to go live with your
- Once the session starts, you will remain at the top of the screen.
- Instagram lets you add guests even after starting a Live session.