- Based in Newbury, Berkshire, Newbury Racecourse hosts around 29 different horse racing fixtures every year.
- Newbury Racecourse has been in business for over 100 years and was the steeplechasing debut of Golden Miller.
- A number of events are hosted at Newbury Racecourse, including options for dinner, drinks and musical entertainment.
About Newbury Racecourse
Newbury Racecourse was founded in April 1904; however, the first horse race was recorded back in 1805. This was a two-day race that met at Enborne Heath. After that, the race took place annually until 1811, before it was moved to Woodhay Heath until 1815.
It took another 90 years, however, for Newbury Racecourse to come into existence. A new racecourse at Newbury was proposed by Kingsclere trainer John Porter, but with the Jockey Club having set out strict qualifications for new racecourses, Porter’s plans were rejected several times.
Eventually, he met with King Edward VII, and after a further application was lodged with the king’s support, the Jockey Club approved the plans.
The first race recorded at Newbury Racecourse was in September 1905. After this, it didn’t take long for both Flat racing and National Hunt racing to take place here.
Ever since then, Newbury Racecourse has had a wide range of British horse fixtures available for visitors to enjoy. The racecourse hosts around 29 different fixtures every year, however it also hosts a variety of clients for dinner, drinks, group events and musical entertainment. This all helps to make it perfect place to go with friends and family.
Newbury Racecourse and the code of conduct
When you come to Newbury Racecourse, it is important that you understand that there is going to be a code of conduct that you will need to follow when you enter the area.
Before you go into the stadium, you will need to comply with the heightened security checks. This can include physical and bag searches at the entrance. Be prepared that there may also be dogs that are used to sniff out drugs and illegal substances.
If you intend to visit Newbury Racecourse, we would recommend that you bring the following:
- Proof of age (to be able to buy drinks and gamble on the races)
- One sealed bottle of water of up to 500 ml
- Your ticket
- Your ticket reference number to collect your ticket
- Cash/your credit card to buy food, drinks and tickets
You will also need to adhere to a formal dress code when you visit Newbury Racecourse. The way visitors dress will add to the experience of the race day. This is why it is crucial that you dress as formally as you can.
You can only wear a more casual dress code in the Grandstand enclosure and Racegoers restaurant. However, if you book a ticket to visit the premier enclosure and hospitality and the Hennessy Restaurant, you will need to dress up. The more formal you dress, the more likely it is that you will fondly remember the experience!
More from News
- 10 Subscription Boxes That Make Great Christmas Gifts
- Belgian Startups To Watch In 2024
- Series A Vs Series B Funding
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s Gemini: A New AI Contender
- 10 Luxembourg Startups To Keep an Eye On In 2024
- 10 Polish Startups To Keep An Eye On In 2024
- Spotify to Cut Close to 20% Jobs Globally Despite Revenue Increase
- We Asked The Experts: How Has ChatGPT Affected Content Marketing?
Who can go to Newbury Racecourse?
Newbury Racecourse has something for everyone! It is the perfect place to create a day out for you and your friends or even you and your family. You can bring young children to the races, but keep in mind that only people with ID will be able to drink and gamble. Children under the age of 12 will not be forced to adhere to the dress code.
With that said, Newbury Racecourse has a wide variety of fixtures and events that happen throughout the year. Here are some of the most exciting races and social events to get you interested in joining us:
- BetVictor Hungerford Day & Party in the Paddock
- The Ladbrokes Winter Carnival
Usually, these events will be accompanied with live music, drinks and an after-race party. So, it’s worth making a day trip out to visit Newbury Racecourse.
Don’t forget that the staff of Newbury Racecourse will tend to your every need when you come for a visit. Not only can you hire out a private suite to enjoy with a group of friends or colleagues, but the restaurant has an incredible range of menu items for you to enjoy. You can even upgrade to a premium package to truly enjoy a high-class experience in a private outdoor space, stalls or lounge.
Are you going to visit Newbury Racecourse?
If you are interested in coming down to visit Newbury Racecourse, make sure to call 01635018877 to purchase your tickets in advance. You can also visit the website to learn more about what events are going on during 2022 and beyond.