PensionBee pensions are now available to sole traders, in addition to the owners of limited companies, through the Starling Business Marketplaces.
Since the launch of their industry-leading partnership in 2018, when PensionBee became the digital bank’s first financial services Marketplace integration, the two fintech companies have strengthened their 2-way API integration through the development of new features, using Open Banking technology.
Now all Starling customers can sign up easily, and even combine their old pensions in a few clicks without leaving the app. Open Banking enables PensionBee to use existing customer information held by the digital bank, making the process seamless for customers. Mutual customers can make contributions from their Starling bank account to their PensionBee pension and view their balance at any time all from within the Starling app.
More from News
- Majority of SME Leaders Reject 4 Day Work Week
- Why eBikes Need To Be At the Forefront of Decarbonisation
- Inflation, Brexit and How The Ukraine Conflict Is Exacerbating Global Trade
- The Legal, Economic, and Operational Advantages of Using Cloud-Based Systems in Life Sciences
- Severe Skills Shortage Stunts UK Greentech Ambitions
- Floward Hires New Executive to Accelerate Growth
- Why Some Entrepreneurs Set Up Their Side Hustle
- Why Mobile Gaming Is Taking Over The Market
Jasper Martens, Chief Marketing Officer at PensionBee, commented: “We’re delighted that PensionBee is now available to all of Starling’s business and personal customers through all of its marketplaces. It couldn’t be simpler for Starling customers to manage their pension savings without ever leaving their banking app. Together PensionBee and Starling have a long history of innovation and we look forward to making it even easier for our customers to manage their money for today alongside their money for tomorrow with further product features in the future.”
Will Boocock, Head of Marketplace and Business Support at Starling, commented: “Saving for a pension often ends up as another thing to do on a to-do list. Our new sole trader PensionBee partnership makes saving for the future much quicker and easier as you can sign up via the Starling Bank app allowing you to combine old pensions and invest in new ones.”