Emma is the world’s leading Direct-to-consumer sleep brand, founded in 2013 by Dr. Dennis Schmoltzi and Manuel Mueller.
The company is active in more than 30 countries and has achieved a turnover of EUR 873 million in 2022, a growth rate of 35 per cent from the previous year.
Emma’s flagship product is its premium mattress, which features a four-layer construction for optimum sleep.
What is Emma?
Emma is a global sleep company that provides premium mattresses to customers in over 30 countries. The company was founded in Frankfurt, Germany in 2015, and since then has sold over 1.5 million mattresses worldwide.
Emma’s mattresses are made using innovative technologies and high-quality materials, designed to provide customers with a comfortable and restful sleeping experience. The company offers a range of mattress sizes and firmness levels to suit individual needs and preferences, as well as a 100-night risk-free trial and free returns.
Emma’s success is reflected in its revenue growth and numerous awards for its mattresses, including the Which? Best Buy award and the Red Dot Design award. Emma’s mission is to help people get the high-quality sleep they need to lead healthy and happy lives, and awaken peoples best.
Is there a market for premium mattresses?
Consumers are increasingly prioritizing comfort and quality in their sleep products. Many people are willing to pay a premium price for a mattress that offers a comfortable and restful sleeping experience, as they recognise the importance of good quality sleep for their overall health and well-being.
“Our aim was to disrupt the sleep industry, by making better sleep accessible to everyone. We wanted to improve people’s lives by changing they way they sleep. We had the background needed to develop a great product, and we recognized that the principle of ‘trying it out’ is the key to success – a principle that still determines our daily business today. We offer consumers the chance to trial their mattresses for 100 nights, with free delivery and returns.” – Dr. Dennis Schmoltzi and Manuel Mueller, Founders at Emma
Want to be featured as TechRound’s Startup of the Week? Find out more about this weekly feature, and how to get involved, here.
What products does Emma have?
The Emma Premium Mattress:
- With 5 different layers of specially designed foam, every inch and need of your body is addressed. The Emma Premium Mattress provides spinal alignment, pressure relief and body support so that each morning starts with you feeling rejuvenated.
- The Emma Premium Mattress features superior breathability thanks to its AeroFlex spring technology and open-pored foams that keep you cool and dry. It’s also made with Airgocell foam so that you don’t feel movement on the other side of the bed.
- As the most awarded pocket spring mattress in the EU, there’s no doubt that the Emma Premium Mattress will bring you comfortable and relaxing nights to come.
The Emma Divan Bed:
- Divan style with integrated storage, handmade in the UK, No tools needed for assembly.
- The premium fabric and high quality upholstering on the bed base and headboard give the Divan Bed a luxurious look and feel. You can even choose the colour for the bed so that you’re guaranteed a complementing match for your bedroom.
- With two, large integrated drawers on either side of the bed, the Emma Divan Bed will neatly tuck away your clothing or extra bedding.
- Handmade in the UK and FSC certified, you can rest easy knowing that your Divan Bed was made with the highest quality and eco-responsible materials available.
The Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow
- Emma’s softest pillow yet. Get cloud-like sleep with optimal support and adaptable layers. Fluffier than memory foam, Adjustable height, Durable and lightweight.
- Made with a cruelty-free down alternative, the Aerosoft microfibre filling gives optimal support for your neck and head.
- It’s a great option for all types of sleepers and it’s safe for both children and adults because the materials are hypoallergenic.
- The Emma Microfibre Pillow is made of 4 layers, 2 of which are removable. The pillow is topped off with a breathable cotton fabric cover that keeps it lightweight and fresh.