One of Blackfinch’s EIS portfolio companies, Auro, offers the chance to do just that. In December 2019 Backfinch invested c.£500,000 in London-based company Auro. Founded in 2016, Auro offers a fitness app that provides its users with tailored audio-based workouts.
The Auro app provides access to hundreds of on-demand audio-based workouts and classes for exercising at home or outdoors. These include running, yoga, high-intensity interval training, and many more. Workouts are led by qualified personal trainers and elite coaches from boutique fitness studios.
Anantharaman Pattabiraman (‘Anta’), CEO and co-founder of Auro, said: “The COVID-19-driven lockdown is a particularly challenging time for business, and especially smaller businesses. However, at Auro, we are managing to navigate the situation. In the current environment, where people have no access to classes or gyms, our product can help. Auro provides audio-guided classes to support physical and mental wellbeing that can be used at home or outdoors. We are seeing a surge in downloads from customers along with enquiries from partners who want to use our services to engage their members.”
More from News
- 1/3 Workers Grow Apart From Their Workplace BFF
- How To Keep Drinking Beer Without The Calories
- DigiPlex Offers Data With Sustainability At The Core
- HelloFresh Doubles Global Technology Team
- Philippines Tops List Of Countries With Most Female Investors
- New Mental Health App, Built With and for the NHS, Widens Accessibility to All UK Public and Private Sector Companies
- Could This Be The Most Sustainable Headset Yet?
- E-Scooter Use Surges As Commuters Return To The Office
Dr Reuben Wilcock, Ventures Director at Blackfinch added: “We invest in fast-growing businesses like Auro that have the potential to meet changes in how we live and work. With people facing unprecedented change, Auro is addressing a key need, through ensuring that they still have options for keeping fit and healthy. It’s great to see Auro’s innovative offering making a contribution to people’s health and wellbeing during this period.”
Blackfinch is an established provider of Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS). Backed by expertise and a broad network of relationships, the Blackfinch Ventures EIS Portfolios bring access to EIS tax benefits, along with the prospect of significant returns for investors.