By Mirianna la Grasta | @mirilagrasta
TikTok has launched TikTok For Business, a new platform for brands, creative agencies and advertisers. The service will offer new marketing-specific solutions to the many brands around the globe already experimenting with TikTok, and to those who would like to do so for marketing purposes. It gives businesses the tools to be creative digital storytellers and to engage with a wider community on a global scale.
These tools are designed to help brands communicate with people, connect communities, start new trends, or bring awareness to critical issues and initiatives. The platform gives brands access to several TikTok advertising formats, like “TopView”, which is the ad that first pops up when opening the TikTok app. Other tools available to businesses include hashtag challenges, branded effects, brand takeovers and in-feed videos.
More from News
- Top 50 Companies With The Best Privacy Rights Experience
- Booze or Holiday? The Ultimate Trade Off
- New Partnership Protects Visually Impaired Pedestrians
- Motherhood App Peanut Launches Social Media App To Help Mothers Combat Negativity Online
- Mayor of London’s International Business Programme Enters New Partnership with Ciklum to Support London-based Scaleups
- G2 Esports and Adidas Announce New Partnership
- Kesho’s Rebrand: Omnio’s Shake-Up of Digital Service for Credit Union Sector
- Why Over-50s Should Look Toward Freelancing
TikTok for Business is available in more than 150 countries and in 75 different languages.
The company, which has creativity and engagement at its core, has decided to focus on co-creation for its business version. Users and brands are encouraged to come together, communicate and engage to narrate stories and bring ads to life. The algorithm used by TikTok For Business is designed to showcase a brand’s content to all those people who may find it interesting. The brand will no longer need to chase followers, like in the original app, in order to distribute its content and receive views.
Along with the platform, TikTok is also launching an online learning centre for its TikTok For Business users, to help them learn about the product, the platform, the tools available to them and how to make the most out of the service. The learning centre will offer resources, guides and tutorials that are designed to teach users how to launch successful campaigns through the platform.
Pricing for TikTok for Business hasn’t been disclosed publicly on the TikTok website. The company is instead proposing client-specific solutions, depending on what the brand wants to achieve.