- JustPark is a London-based startup making it easier for drivers to find parking.
- Anthony Eskinaz founded the award-winning company in 2006.
- JustPark has raised a total of £15.8 million in funding since its foundation.
JustPark is a London-based smart parking provider founded in 2006. The technology platform matches drivers with parking spaces through its website and mobile app. JustPark, known initially as ParkatmyHouse, was founded in 2006 by Anthony Eskinaz. Anthony first came up with the idea after having trouble parking for a baseball game in San Francisco. JustPark uses cashless payment technology to ease the parking process, partnering with local authorities to provide mobile payments, including Wrexham County Borough Council and Cornwall Council.
How Does it Work?
JustPark services can be reached online or via IOS and Android. The platform is used by more than 3.5 million car owners, providing spaces in 45,000 locations across the UK. The app, rated five-stars, allows users to reserve spaces and pay for parking. It also utilises predictive technology to match prices with demand and optimise the use of spaces. Customers can pay using Apple Pay, Android Pay and PayPal One Touch.
More from Startups
- Startup of the Week: Florence
- SPCE partners with the University of London to launch its cornerstone Atlas product
- Interview with Jules Robertson and Laura Beales, Founders of Tally
- Lanistar: Recent Instagram marketing campaign attracts FCA’s attention
- Startup of the Week: Snag Tights
- Karen Holden from A City Law Firm: How will Brexit impact your tech business?
- Malcolm Carroll of BlueFinity Interview – Using low code development tools to create apps to support business recovery
- [email protected]: Making Money from Home as a Laundry Hero
The platform also gives owners of private parking, such as hotels, small businesses and even driveway owners, the opportunity to rent out parking spaces when empty and gain an extra income. The company states “our industry-leading technology unlocks under-utilised space for drivers”.
In the last six months, the parking app has processed over £1 million per month in transactions and reports an increase of 105% in app usage. JustPark has received several awards for its services and has been the UK’s highest-rated parking app since 2018. At the British Parking Awards, Juspark received the prize for Parking Innovation in 2018, and Anthony Eskinazi won The Parking Person of the Year award for 2020. The company was also listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies last year.
JustPark has raised a total of £15.8 million in funding since its foundation. In Spring 2015, JustPark closed a record-breaking £3.7 million equity crowdfunding round via the Crowdcube, with over 2,700 investors. JustPark is also backed by Index Ventures, LocalGlobe and BMW i Ventures.
At the beginning of the year, JustPark announced a new local authority partnership with a Northern Irish council. This saw JustPark take over cashless payments across all council car park in the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough areas as of February 2020.
CEO and Founder, Anthony Eskinazi said: “We’re delighted to have been selected to partner with the council for this exciting initiative. Our organisation is passionate about ensuring positive customer experience. It is our commitment to provide drivers across Northern Ireland with one of the most convenient, easy to use apps to enhance their parking experience”. JustPark also partners with high-profile businesses Savills, Marriott, JLL and Hilton – as well as 20 other councils around the UK.