- Randox was established in 1982 by its Managing Director, Dr Peter FitzGerald in Crumlin, Northern Ireland, and has since expanded globally.
- Randox Health is an international health and biochip array technology company in the in vitro diagnostics industry headquartered in the UK.
- Following the development of Randox Health – the first public facing division – the company became the title sponsor of the Randox Health Grand National.
About Randox Health
Randox Health develops diagnostic solutions for hospitals, clinical, research and molecular labs, food testing, forensic toxicology, veterinary labs and life sciences. It develops, manufactures and markets reagents and equipment for laboratory medicine, with a distribution network of 145 countries. Randox is the biggest COVID-19 testing provider in the UK and Ireland. Randox manufactures more clinical diagnostic products than any other company in the world. It invests around 25% of profits into R&D, and almost a quarter of its staff are research scientists and engineers.
Beginning with a team of six employees, the company now has 1500 employees around the world. It moved into the Randox Science Park, a 45-acre R&D and manufacturing site housed on the former Massereene Barracks in 2019. It has also recently invested €25m in developing a site in Dungloe, Donegal. Randox Teoranta aims to create more than 470 jobs in research, engineering and life sciences by 2020.
Randox’s range of reagents covers many different techniques such as colorimetric, UV and immunoturbidimetric methods. As a result of heavy investment in R&D, Randox’s portfolio has grown to provide a wider variety of reagents.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Randox Health and Team GB Covid-19 Testing
The British Olympic Association and Randox Health, the United Kingdom’s largest Covid-19 PCR testing provider, today announce they have signed a two-year partnership for Team GB’s Covid-19 testing for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, in 2021 and Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. By agreeing the best possible testing service plan, Randox and Team GB can together provide more certainty for the Olympians’ safe travel from the UK to Tokyo, and home again.
To provide its gold-standard PCR testing services, Randox has created a bespoke dashboard for Team GB to register its samples, which will be taken by the Team GB Clinical Team and then transported to the company’s laboratory in Northern Ireland. Randox will test over 1,000 Olympians, coaches and support staff in order to meet Japan’s stringent testing requirements and thereby minimising possible transmission of the virus.
Randox has been at the forefront of Covid-19 testing since the outset of the pandemic. With proven testing capability and well-established logistics and customer support services, Randox are strongly placed to allow international travellers to travel with confidence.