- Doctor Care Anywhere is a private healthcare company that provides people with a smart and easy way to manage their health.
- The company was founded in 2013 by Dr Bayju Thakar.
- Patients can speak to a doctor 24/7, 365 days a year, access their medical records and control how they receive their medication, whether at home or overseas.
About Doctor Care Anywhere
Doctor Care Anywhere is a UK-based digital healthcare company. They use a proprietary technology platform to join up primary care, diagnostics and secondary care across the patient journey.
Doctor Care Anywhere offers standalone virtual GP consultations, as well as a fully integrated digital healthcare service including video or phone consultations with a GP, diagnostic referrals and specialist diagnostic reviews across seven medical specialties. Patients are also provided with a single, secure electronic health record that they can access whenever they like, and wherever they are.
Doctor Care Anywhere have grown rapidly since we funded the business in 2013. Their services are currently available to over 2 million lives in the UK, and they are providing over 20,000 consultation a month. They provide services to more than 1,500 corporate and SME clients, which are accessed via their channel partner relationships, which include leading global companies such as AXA Health and HCA Healthcare UK.
Doctor Care Anywhere have a team of over 200 GPs and specialists and over 180 non-clinical staff (including software engineers, product and proposition managers, marketeers, finance, operations and customer services) and growing!
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Doctor Care Anywhere Mental Health Proposition
Doctor Care Anywhere is pleased to announce the launch of its mental health proposition, with new client Partners&, the first customer to offer the service. Partners& is a leading business insurance broker focused on creating an engaged, healthy and high performing workforce offering its services to more than 12,000 SME businesses and individuals.
The launch of a mental health proposition fulfils a key IPO milestone for Doctor Care Anywhere, allowing it to continue transforming patient health journeys and delivering new and relevant clinical services to current and future corporate partners.
Doctor Care Anywhere has designed a digital first, integrated mental health service which delivers a joined up healthcare journey via one app, providing patients with:
- Digital tools that empower self help and mental resilience: in partnership with third parties delivering a range of activities, educational information, games, anonymous chat forums and chat-based counselling.
- Unlimited 20-minute GP consultation: designed to allow a GP to address multiple concerns and symptoms to ascertain underlying health connections.
- MindCare Clinic: series of 20-minute and 40-minute consultations focused on personalised goalsetting based on a patient’s healthcare objectives.
- Matched referrals: on going and effective treatment through access to relevant talking therapies.