- Based in Oxfordshire, UK, Adaptix was founded in 2009 by CEO, Mark Evans.
- Adaptix is transforming planar X-ray – the diagnostic imaging modality most widely used in healthcare worldwide.
- Adaptix has raised a total of $9.3M in funding over 8 rounds and is funded by 8 investors.
Adaptix is transforming radiology by bringing to market an addressable Flat Panel X-ray Source (FPS) with a multitude of individually addressable emitters with integrated power supply (known as a ‘monoblock’) – essentially, they are ‘digitising’ the source to complete the digitisation of the imaging system.
Their patent-protected technology enables fast 3D imaging from a stationary source at a significantly lower dose than CT. The FPS is designed to allow 3D image formation by means of Digital Tomosynthesis using existing generations of Detectors and Workstations, allowing a system price point similar to that of current 2D systems.
More from MedTech
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
- The Future of TeleMedicine Includes Physical Exams Thanks to Award-Winning Start-up: MedWand
- ANNOUNCED!!! TechRound’s Top 39 UK MedTech Companies
- 2. Huma
- 3. Proximie
- 4. Lumeon
Adaptix was founded by experts in radiation production, medical devices and bringing technology out of the lab and into the clinic. The team includes hardware, software, business, project and product leaders backed by internationally recognised experts.
Adaptix’s founder and CEO is Mark Evans. Mark is a Chartered Accountant, a Chartered Director, qualified as a Corporate Treasurer and holds an MBA from Saïd Business School, Oxford University. Mark’s experience includes regional CFO roles within listed companies (CTI Molecular Imaging, Siemens Healthcare) for business up to EUR 800m, CFO roles within venture-backed business, and General Management roles within medical imaging software development and radiopharmaceutical manufacture.
Mark has over 17 years of experience in medical imaging including with www.mirada-medical.com, an oncology imaging company, and as a Non-Executive Director for Cydar Medical, a surgical imaging spin-out from King’s College London. Mark is an inventor on 9 patents.