- Brainomix specialises in the creation of AI-powered imaging biomarkers that enable precision medicine for better treatment decisions.
- Brainomix was founded in 2010 in Oxford, United Kingdom, by CEO and co-founder, Dr Michalis Papadakis.
Since launching as a spin-out from the University of Oxford in 2010, Brainomix has developed award-winning, AI-powered imaging biomarkers, assisting physicians across the world to make better life-saving decisions. Brainomix seminal product, e-Stroke is a collection of tools that use state-of-the-art AI algorithms to support doctors by providing real-time interpretation of brain scans to help guide treatment and transfer decisions for stroke patients, allowing more patients to get the right treatment, in the right place, at the right time.
Dr Michalis Papadakis is the CEO and co-founder of Brainomix. He leads the management team, commercial strategy, fund raising, and corporate partnerships. He has grown the company from the ground up, building the company’s global presence and has raised over £15 million of private investment and public funding. When he founded Brainomix he was the Scientific Director of the preclinical stroke lab at the University of Oxford. He has a BSc Honours in Biochemistry from Imperial College London and a PhD in neurosciences from UCL School of Pharmacy. He has been an invited speaker at international scientific and innovation conferences.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Brainomix Awarded AI Grant
In September 2020, Brainomix were announced as winners of an Artificial Intelligence in Health and Care Award by Secretary of State for Health, Matt Hancock, at the Founders Forum HealthTech Summit in London, which includes a significant grant that will enable Brainomix to deploy its software, the e-Stroke Suite, across a number of UK stroke networks and evaluate its impact on stroke care across these regions.
Organised by the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) in partnership with NHSX and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), the awards are designed to accelerate the testing and evaluation of the most promising AI technologies which meet the strategic aims set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
The e-Stroke Suite supports both specialist and non-specialist clinicians to interpret stroke brain scans in real-time, and to identify patients who need urgent treatments or transfer to a specialist hospital. Using the e-Stroke mobile app, doctors can then securely share brain scans with specialists at other hospitals, bringing expert decision making to all hospital Emergency Departments 24/7.