- Oviva was founded in London, United Kingdom, in 2013, by Kai Eberhardt, Manuel Baumann and Mark Jenkins.
- Oviva is digitising the treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity through our unique behaviour change platform.
- Oviva provides technology-enabled dietetic services and their goal is to help people lead happier & healthier lives.
Oviva have developed unique, personalised behaviour change programmes that combine our smartphone app and learning portal to support dietitian-led behaviour change for conditions such as type 2 diabetes and complex obesity. Their approach allows patients to achieve a better health outcome without having to attend clinic appointments, whilst saving health systems significant sums by preventing the development of complications related to these health conditions. Oviva’s app is NHS Digital approved and has a CE quality mark.
Oviva partners with the NHS to offer 6 proven digital behaviour change programmes covering prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, tier 3 obesity and adult & paediatric nutrition. These are shown to offer superior accessibility, patient engagement and retention compared to face-to-face care, especially in harder to reach groups such as Minority Ethnic, men, working age. Oviva’s programmes also ensure that at least equivalent clinical outcomes at significantly lower per patient delivery costs compared to face-to-face services.
More from MedTech
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
- The Future of TeleMedicine Includes Physical Exams Thanks to Award-Winning Start-up: MedWand
- ANNOUNCED!!! TechRound’s Top 39 UK MedTech Companies
- 2. Huma
- 3. Proximie
- 4. Lumeon
Oviva Series B Funding
In January 2020, Oviva announced that it raised $21 million in Series B funding. Leading the round is MTIP, with participation by new investor Earlybird and existing investors AlbionVC, F-Prime Capital, Eight Roads Ventures and Partech.
Oviva said that the new capital will be used to further develop its technology, and continue expanding in Europe to serve more patients not able to currently access treatment. It brings the total raised by Oviva to date to $34 million.