Cazoo, the UK’s leading automotive startup seeking to transform the way people buy used cars, announces today it has appointed Jonathan Howell as its Chief Technology Officer. Having raised over £30 million in funding, making it one of Europe’s best-funded startups, Cazoo is planning to launch by the end of this year. It aims to make buying a used car no different than buying any other product online today by letting consumers select from thousands of cars, have them delivered to their door and offering a risk-free returns policy.
Jonathan joins Cazoo from MADE.com where he has spent the last 5 years as Chief Technology Officer and grew the technology and product management teams from 15 to 100, supporting revenue growth of more than 6 times as well as expansion of the business to become a market leader in Europe, now selling in 11 countries.
More from Business
- Businesses Using Spyware to Snoop on Employees May Risk Legal Disputes
- Chester Named as the City with the Most Budding Entrepreneurs
- 10 Advertising Formats for Businesses to Consider
- Regimen is the World’s First Personalised Digital Therapy for ED
- Almost 80 New Businesses Created Every Hour Across UK in First Half of 2021
- “Next Gen” Business Intelligence Firm Hires CCO as Part of Scale-Up Drive
- Why Empowering Customers to Self-Serve Is the New Business Imperative
- Meet Yves Frinault & Javed Singha, Co-founders at Fieldwire: A Construction Technology Company Powering over 1,000,000 Jobsites Worldwide
Previously, Jonathan was CTO of Huddle.com and held various positions at Lastminute.com and IBM where he was responsible for building and leading teams of up to 100 people, distributed across the US, UK, Europe, India and Argentina. He brings with him a proven track record and over 25 years’ experience in key technology roles.
At Cazoo Jonathan will be responsible for the technology vision and execution, scaling and growing a high-performance development team and overseeing the development of the Cazoo website and customer-facing technologies. He joins Cazoo’s executive team and will report directly to Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
Commenting on his new role, Jonathan Howell said: ‘I am very excited to join Cazoo. It’s rare to get a chance to build something from the ground up and not inherit legacy tech. We will ensure that our website, AI and automation are world-class which will ultimately help deliver the best possible consumer experience in the used car market.’
Alex Chesterman Founder & CEO of Cazoo said: ‘We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to the Cazoo team. His retail experience and customer-centric approach to technology will help us deliver a simple and seamless digital used car buying experience for UK consumers when we launch later this year.’