Outland, a recently launched crypto art platform based in Los Angeles, California, has announced that it has raised $5 million in its first seed round in March 2022. The round was led by OKX Blockdream Ventures, with IMO Ventures, Dragon Roark, and JDAC Capital have all invested in the burgeoning Web3 cultural leader.
Launched in February 2022, Outland has swiftly garnered global attention from crypto, tech and traditional art audiences. The platform’s debut NFT drop, Elemental by renowned Chinese contemporary artist Fang Lijun, amassed over 4,000 ETH in primary and secondary sales and was regarded as one of the most highly anticipated NFT projects of 2022, with an unwavering position in OpenSea’s top charts since launch.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
In April 2022, Outland released Fragments, a major NFT project in collaboration with American multidisciplinary visual artist James Jean. Jean created a collection of 7,000 editions which sold out within five minutes during the public sale, bringing the total transaction value to 3,7000 ETH. The second project, which will be the artist’s first series of narrative and interactive NFT works, will be launched later this year, on https://www.adriftworld.io. This will be the first series of narrative, iterative and interactive NFT works that form their own cinematic universe.
In July 2022, Outland will present 3FACE, an innovative and NFT project by New York-based artist Ian Cheng, who previously held solo exhibitions at several prestigious art institutions, including Serpentine Gallery, London and MoMA PS1, New York.
As a leading NFT platform founded by art-world experts, Outland will continue to expand its influence with its international vision, and outstanding foresight. Through leadership and support of artists across disciplines, Outland sets a standard for collaborative possibilities within Web3 culture.