Elbow Beach Capital, an impact investment company, announces the launch of a venture vehicle with an initial £20m of committed capital, focused on decarbonisation, sustainable energy, and social impact opportunities.
Elbow Beach Capital invests in early-stage businesses whose technologies have the potential to solve the planet’s biggest challenges, while simultaneously achieving significant commercial growth. The fund targets long-term value creation, while working with founders and entrepreneurs to accelerate the development and implementation of positive impact technologies.
Elbow Beach Capital will invest across a range of opportunities including: innovative and disruptive technologies which decarbonise supply-chains and create profitable circular economies; sustainable energy technologies and infrastructure which reduce dependence on fossil fuels; and those which have a social impact, improving quality of lives through improved access and reduced costs.
Elbow Beach Capital was co-founded in 2021 by experienced investor and company founder Nick Charman, commercial and go-to-market strategist Jonathan Pollock, and conservation, sustainability and environmental technology expert, Thomas Hardy.
“Early-stage investment plays a vital role in the advancement of industry-wide solutions to mitigate climate change and improve lives. Elbow Beach Capital is committed to ensuring that every investment it makes helps to protect the future of our planet, its inhabitants, and its unique ecosystems,” said Nick Charman, Co-Founder and Chairman.
More from News
- Are Students Embracing Phone Free Schools?
- Adobe Will Soon Have A “Photoshop For Audio” Editing Tool
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Forward Partners
- Google Calendar Now Uses Gemini AI For Seamless Oganisation
- OpenAI And Microsoft Under Fire As More News Outlets Take Legal Action
- Amazon Lobbyists Have European Parliament Passes Revoked
- TikTok Will Be Removing More Songs As UMG Dispute Continues
- Amazon Accused Of Using AI Voices For “Road House” Remake
Elbow Beach Capital will make investments both within the UK, where it is headquartered, and globally, typically allocating between £0.5 million to £1.5 million of long-term growth capital to support:
- Early-stage businesses (pre-seed to Series A)
- Innovative and purpose-driven entrepreneurs with a commitment to improving lives
- Unique and scalable solutions to significant social and environmental problems
- Commercially viable companies with a clear runway to financial growth
“The sustainability and environmental technology sectors are expanding but growth will need to accelerate dramatically if governments are to meet their ambitious climate targets. We see a massive opportunity for value creation in early-stage investment across a range of impact verticals,” said Jonathan Pollock, Co-Founder and CEO. “We are excited to start backing innovative and purpose-driven entrepreneurs,” added Jonathan.
“We are thrilled to be in a position to put our weight behind sustainable businesses with significant potential,” said Thomas Hardy, Co-Founder and CTO. “We are looking forward to supporting founders in optimising their technologies and balancing growth and sustainability during a period of unprecedented innovation within impact sectors,” added Thomas.
With £20 million immediately deployable, Elbow Beach Capital expects to announce several investments in March and April.