MassMutual Ventures (MMV) announced today that its Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Europe team has launched a new fund of $300 million to invest in early and growth-stage companies in digital health, financial technology, enterprise SaaS, and cybersecurity. With this launch, the team has widened its investment reach to include Europe and will continue to invest in companies in the APAC region.
“With this additional capital, we look forward to backing even more exceptional founders and supporting them as they scale over time,” said Anvesh Ramineni, Managing Director, MassMutual Ventures. “Over the past three and a half years, we have led investments in companies fundamentally transforming the digital health, fintech and SaaS sectors in APAC, where we continue to see tremendous opportunity. Moreover, we are very excited about expanding our team and reach to Europe’s thriving tech and startup ecosystem – making MMV a truly global platform.”
Ryan Collins, Managing Director, MassMutual Ventures added, “Through our team’s presence in the U.S., Europe and Asia, we offer portfolio companies insights into global markets, and access to significant networks, expertise, and later stage, growth capital – allowing us to support them over the long-term. We are particularly excited about the opportunity set in digital health, decentralized finance (DeFi), and AI/ML applications – key sectors and technologies in which MMV invests.”
More from News
- Why We Should All Be Using Tech In Our Marketing Now
- Auderli: The Fintech Start Up That’s Changing the Game
- Mobile Economic Forum Appoints Cheetah Digital’s Andy Gladwin as Ambassador
- Mimicrete Announces InnovateUK Smart Grant and Funding from US-based Venture Investors
- Rail Strikes Cause Searches For Remote Work To Soar
- Simon Randall, CEO of Pimloc: How Could Ethical AI Influence Data Laws?
- Expert Reveals Tips For Investing In Crypto At A Time Of Crisis
- Wall Street In The Pocket: A New Way To Build The Trading Platform
Since its inception in 2014, MMV has backed over 60 startups across the U.S., Canada, Germany, Israel, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Australia. Some of the APAC team’s portfolio companies include:
- Biofourmis, a digital therapeutics company
- Aspire, a SME-focused neobank
- Qure.ai, an AI-powered diagnostics company
- Zluri, a SaaS management company
- Treehouse Finance, a DeFi portfolio management and analytics company
- Microsec, an IoT security company
- HelloBetter, a Berlin-based digital mental health company
“This fund reinforces MMV’s commitment to the Asia-Pacific region and to building a global platform as we look to capitalize on attractive opportunities in Europe,” said Doug Russell, Managing Director and Head of MassMutual Ventures. “MMV’s overall investment capital has more than doubled in size in just two years, underscoring the significant opportunity we see in backing strong founders building great businesses. We look forward to continuing to back category-defining companies across the globe with this additional capital.”
Ryan and Anvesh have led the APAC team since it was established in 2018. They are supported by Carlos Jo-Loo and Cheryl Teo. Reflecting the increased capital under management, geographic expansion and commitment to its portfolio companies, MMV plans to hire additional team members in both Asia and Europe.