- CarbonChain is a carbon accounting platform that provides you with critical insights into risks and opportunities in near real time.
- It automates your supply chain carbon accounting, so you can tackle climate risks, reduce emissions, and accelerate the transition to a net-zero economy.
- They track emissions and accelerate climate action.
What is CarbonChain?
CarbonChain is a platform that builds technology to enable data-driven climate action in the world’s most polluting supply chains, to accelerate the transition to a net-zero economy. Their AI-powered platform automates the tracking of supply chain emissions for companies, traders, financiers and freight firms in the highest-emitting sectors. These sectors include: metals and mining, oil and gas, and agriculture – responsible for over 50% of global GHG emissions.
They believe that a thriving, climate-safe, net-zero future is still possible, but we must act fast.
“Founded in 2019, CarbonChain was part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 cohort and is supported by the UK government’s innovation arm (InnovateUK), the NatWest accelerator, and the London Business School Incubator. CarbonChain is a CDP accredited solutions provider, a TCFD supporter, and a proud member of ResponsibleSteel.“
What is CarbonChain trying to solve?
CarbonChain is trying to prevent the worst impacts of climate change by helping companies transition to a net-zero economy. They believe that in order to make this possible, the private and financial sectors need robust, comprehensive and useful greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions data. This will allow them to clearly see their most significant impacts and risks, and take effective action when necessary.
At CarbonChain, they are keen to help fill this gap by equipping companies and financial institutions with the tools and insights they need to manage their emissions and build greener supply chains.
“At CarbonChain, we’re dedicated to enabling climate-critical sectors to take action.“
Want to be featured as TechRound’s Startup of the Week? Find out more about this weekly feature, and how to get involved, here.
How is CarbonChain helping to accelerate climate action?
In order to help companies know their climate risks and accelerate climate action, CarbonChain built a carbon accounting solution for the entire commodities value chain. Their AI-powered platform automates the tracking of supply chain emissions for companies, traders, financiers and freight firms in the highest-emitting sectors.
“With accurate, granular, asset-level data covering the supply chain from end to end, our software unlocks unrivalled insight into carbon risks and opportunities in near real-time. This lets the most climate-critical sectors (and those who finance them) tackle risks, manage emissions, and build resilience as they accelerate the transition to a net-zero economy.”
How it works
- The first thing you need to do is upload your supply chain, asset screening, or essential trade documentation.
- Get a detailed, accurate emissions report, with the help of CarbonChain’s independent database and AI-powered automation. This helps you to identify immediate carbon risks that require action.
- It doesn’t end there as their platform integrates into your workflow for ongoing automated carbon accounting, tracking and reporting.
Would you like SEO or PR for your business?
Contact us here for more information >>