- PANGAIA is a London-based startup founded in 2018.
- The startup create clothing with bio-engineered materials and innovative tech.
- PANGAIA have raised one Seed Round, during September 2020.
On a mission to help save the planet with their functional, sustainable products – our Startup of the Week for this week is PANGAIA!
Founded in 2018, PANGAIA is a “materials science company”, that create essential products with bio-engineered materials and innovative tech.
Living up to their name of “pan” (all-inclusive) and Gaia (Mother Earth), the startup are committed to “doing as nature does” when it comes to their materials science. Their products are inspired by the diversity that lies naturally in our ecosystems, their materials driven by sustainability, functionality and purpose.
Their innovative materials range from grape leather (repurposed from the waste created in the Italian wine industry) to recycled wool and cashmere – used to create stylish apparel and accessories for Men, Women and Kids.
More from Startups
- Dates For Small Businesses to Mark in Their Calendar
- Startup of the Week: Klima
- UK In Top 3 European Startup Countries
- Startup Profile: Hills & Hounds
- Startup of the Week: Canopy Group
- Concept Ventures Launches Oversubscribed £50m Largest Dedicated Pre-Seed Fund in the UK
- 11 Tips For Starting Your Own Business
- Tech Solutions All Startup Leaders Should Know About
So far, PANGAIA has raised one Seed Round, announced in September 2020. The fashion brand is vegan, biodegradable and organic, and has a star-studded collection of fans, including Justin Bieber, Kourtney Kardashian, Bella Hadid and Jaden Smith.
PANGAIA has become incredibly popular, demonstrating further the case that green truly is the new black in the world of fashion – their botanical tracksuits having sold out last year in just 15 minutes.
PANGAIA state their mission and vision to be “bringing breakthrough textile innovations and patents into the world through everyday lifestyle products. Every technology we work with aims to solve an environmental problem of the fashion/apparel & nature industry.”
“We hope to drive these solutions further by making technologies and materials available to companies across different industries. By introducing these innovations, we design materials, products and experiences for everyday and everyone.”