Casinos have been around in some shape or form since the 17th century. The Casinò di Venezia is widely regarded as the first official land-based casino in existence, having been established in 1638.
Since then, countless casinos have popped up worldwide, although over the last couple of decades, a new phenomenon has entered the fray: online casinos. As the internet has evolved, online casinos have become far more prevalent and are now the most popular way to play casino games.
Some of the most iconic gambling institutions in the world, such as Caesar’s Palace or MGM, now have vast online casino sites, which just goes to show how things have shifted in the last while. New technology like hyper automation will make online casinos better than ever, so we thought we’d explore the different methods of creating an online casino from a land-based casino.
Online Casinos: Pros And Cons
It’s clear to see just how successful the online casino industry has been recently, by tracking the market size of online gambling. Hundreds of millions of dollars are already being made in revenue, and that’s without more than two dozen states legalising it. You can find some pros and cons to online casinos below:
- Play anywhere
- More bonus promotions
- Better online slots
- Easier to become addicted to
- Can be less secure
More from News
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
- Disabled-friendly Travel Specialist, Limitless Travel, Announces Fund Raise to Expand Product Range and Launch Into the US Market
- TravelPerk Data Reveals Travel Price Inflation; Biggest Increases in Eastern US
Land-Based Casino: Pros And Cons
While online casinos have very much dominated the 21st century, land-based casinos are still incredibly popular. The most iconic establishments haven’t been too badly affected by the rise of online casinos. Before we explore how land-based casinos have set up online casino platforms, here are some pros and cons:
- Unbeatable sense of spectacle
- Easier to use gambling strategy on table games
- Can be more secure
- You have to visit an actual land-based casino
- You often need a larger bankroll
- Not as many bonuses or promotions
Different Ways To Create An Online Casino From A Land-Based Casino
Setting up an online casino takes a considerable amount of effort, but it isn’t impossible. There are a few different ways to do it:
- Set up your online casino website using your land-based casino brand
- Seek a working partnership with an already established online casino platform
- Start up a sweepstakes casino before moving on to the real thing
Vital Points To Remember When Launching An Online Casino
It isn’t essential for an online casino to be derived from a real-life, land-based casino, but many are. Having the power of an established gambling brand is important and will help an online casino stand out from the rest. If you want an example of this, consider how well the likes of MGM and Caesars have done with their online platforms.
Nevertheless, setting up an online casino from a land-based establishment will go wrong if you don’t pay attention to some vital factors. For example:
- Make sure your customer base is ready to make the switch online.
- Ensure your online casino website is designed with sufficient focus on aesthetics, usability and smooth gameplay.
- Set up secure payment gateways.
- Make sure you have a generous chunk of budget reserved for eye-catching welcome offers.
- Ensure you stock the best possible online casino games from leading developers.
How Online Casinos Differ Around The World
Online casinos differ worldwide in much the same way as land-based casinos. One of the main reasons for this is laws and regulations. Here are a few examples of how online casinos vary across the world:
- UK: The United Kingdom was one of the first places to fully legalize online gambling. As a result, UK online casinos are firmly established and have solid reputations. Unlike in other places like the US, some UK online casino brands are more famous than older, land-based casinos
- Russia: Gambling is strictly controlled in Russia. Land-based casino play is banned everywhere other than Altai, Krasnodar, Kaliningrad and Primorsky. This means that Russian casino fans must turn to the online casino world. Russian casino bonuses are consequently very generous, as players flock to these sites to get their fix
- USA: More and more US states are gradually legalizing online casino gambling, contributing to an exciting period in the American online gambling market. Huge brands like MGM, Caesars Palace and Golden Nugget have all made pushes into the online casino world, making it quite an exhilarating place to be right now
Online Casinos Stemming From Land-Based Casinos
Here are a few examples of online casinos that have evolved out of popular land-based establishments:
- Caesars Casino
- Bovada Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
- Borgata Casino