- Beacon Capital are a London-based seed investor who’s focus is new media, digital, e-commerce.
- Beacon has invested in 29 companies whose market value grew over 4x in 3 years to over $300m.
- Beacon invests between Seed and Series A. Some refer to this as “post-Seed or pre-Series A”. This typically means you will be raising between £1m and £3m. Beacon aims to provide up to 50% of the round.
About Beacon Capital
The vision at Beacon Capital is to empower the European B2B early stage tech ecosystem. To do that, they have built a team that’s determined to help you achieve success – a team that will answer calls in the early hours to finalise client proposals or negotiate term sheets, as well as being your trusted advisor when tough decisions have to be made. Together, they have more than a century’s combined experience in early-stage, enterprise technology.
Beacon Capital do what all the top Series A VCs do, but they claim to do so earlier than most, at that critical pivot point between lift off and failure. They will mentor, advise and get their hands dirty when the client needs them to, so the client can get on with building your business. They also open up their network of European investor partners and experts.
Eligibility for Beacon Investment
- Target addressable market greater than £500m.
- Well balanced founder team incorporating technical and execution ability (a CTO with a founder level equity stake is strongly preferred).
- Some validation of product/market fit.
More from VCs
Chaser: an online tool that helps you get your invoices paid on time. It enables you to automatically send the polite persistent chasing emails to your customers that are the key to getting paid on time.
Neighbourly: neighbourly.com is the social platform that connects local projects with people and organisations who want to help. We do this by breaking down traditional barriers to finding and giving help – neighbourly is a friendly network of companies, individuals, charities, councils, institutions and community groups.
Flypay: Flypay launched in 2014 as a simpler app that let diners pay for meals online, without having to hand over credit cards to a waiter. Since then, it has rolled out support for over 100 locations in London, as well as other features. Flypay customers can also use the app to order food, meaning that they never have to talk to a waiter again.